How Do I Obtain A Public Record

The City of Walker's business is your business. To simplify your request for information, submit a public records request form. By law, the Municipal Clerk has 72 hours to produce the requested documents. There is no charge for a public records request; however, there will be a duplication fee of $1 per page for standard- or legal-sized copies of any documents you wish to take with you. Prices may vary for maps and electronic media.

In Louisiana, anyone 18 years or older has the right to examine, copy or obtain a copy of a public record [unless specifically exempted] of any public body, including state, parish or municipal agency or board. Generally, anything "having been used, being in use or prepared" for use in the conduct of public business is a public record, regardless of physical form. Public records include such things as drafts of documents, statistics, maps, letters, memos, budget requests, budgets, tapes, electronic data, payrolls, certain retirement information and tax assessment rolls. The public records law does, however, exempt certain records.

For a copy of the public records law, click here. To request records from the City of Walker, click here.